Ukraine Weather Map
The map below shows high and low temperatures and atmospheric conditions for the current day. While not all major Ukrainian cities are shown on the map, these cities are most representative of their regions, and nearby locations should have similar weather conditions.
Today's weather forecast for Ukraine
Images show weather forecast for today with temperatures in Celsius. Click on circles for detailed forecasts in English.
The climate of most of Ukraine is temperate continental with adequate amounts of precipitation to support grasslands with increasing amounts of woodlands towards the northwest border of the country. It is not bitterly cold like Siberia, but can best be compared to the U.S. state of Iowa. Exceptions are the damp Carpathian Mountains of southwest Ukraine (similar to the northern Appalachians), the rocky coast and mountains of Crimea, (similar to sunny mountainous regions along the Mediterranean coast, but colder in winter), and the moist Shatsk Lake region in northwest Ukraine (similar to lake regions in the Midwest). During your travels around Ukraine, be prepared for heat, thunderstorms, and brief downpours from June to August, frequent rains in October and November, snow December through March, and changeable weather all year round.
- more information on Ukraine's climate and natural environment
Ukraine climate data charts
Detailed climate information (charts of month by month temperatures, precipitation, sunshine, etc.) is available for Kiev and Simferopol at www.bbc.co.uk. Also, read my summary of Ukraine's climate.
Weather for other Ukrainian towns and resorts
- list of Ukrainian cities with current weather information at Wunderground.com
- very complete list of Ukrainian cities and resorts with weather forecasts (in Russian only) at Gismeteo.ru
- Accuweather.com has the greatest number of Ukrainian towns and cities in its database of any English weather site
- Zoomable map of Ukraine with 5-day forecasts for the place you're viewing from multimap.com